Saturday, March 12, 2011

2nd Make for By the Cute and Girly March "Springtime" challenge

Just drawing your attention to my blog candy.
Up for grabs until 31 March 2011!

For my 2nd make as a part of By the Cute and Girly DT I have made some Crochet suncatchers:

They are not difficult to make.  You need to make a motif that is circular in shape but also has points.  A 6 or 8 pointed star pattern would do the job.  Then you work rows of 4 trebles(doubles in US) with loops of 6 chains at each end.  At regular intervals you chain 3 and slip stitch to the nearest point of your motif.  If anyone is interested in making something similar leave a comment and I will try and get a pattern to you.   For a finishing touch I added some beads to the suncatchers.  I could have added tails of beads but I dont like it when they hit off the window in the breeze.
There is still over two and a half weeks left to enter the By the Cute and Girly Springtime Challenge.  For details and inspiration just visit here.http://bythecuteandgirly.blogspot.com/2011/03/springtime.html
Have a great weekend!
Geraldine x

1 comment:

  1. You are so talented Geraldine, they are beautiful
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...