Thursday, August 8, 2013

Tag Day

Well, it was worth my while going back to the land of blogging because the first card I entered in a challenge for ages won me a £15 voucher for the Craft Barn.  So many thanks to the lovely people behind the Allsorts challenge!  Going to enjoy a little spend in the Craft Barn.
I have 2 Tags to share today: the first tag I made for the Dragons Dream  Waste/Rubbish, Male, Chipboard challenge.  Can't resist any excuse to root in the recycling bin!
 I cut the main part of the tag from cardboard packaging and glued on a pediment cut with the Bigz pediments die set.  Then I gave the tag one coat of teal paint and let it dry. Next, I got a packet of Biscotti biscuits (having finished them off first) and turned it inside out to get at the lovely shiny interior. Coloured the shiny bit with alcohol inks, die cut it and glued it on to the painted background.  Covered the whole lot with a rectangle of acetate (more packaging) on which I stamped the image of the little boy blowing bubbles. The whole lot is held in place with a strip of the shiny packaging with "Have Fun" stamped on it.  Added a chipboard flower to the top with bakers twine going through it. 
Stamps used are Docrafts John Byars range
The next tag is a quickie: just a little "Thank You" for a friend.  I don't have a long heart shaped die so I just made the shape using a heart shape and a ruler.  The angel and flowers are my own snippets and the blue background card is from Hunkydory.  The "Thank You" is stamped on the back.


                                                     Close up of flowers
That's all for now
Happy Crafting
Geraldine 

5 comments:

  1. The tag looks fantastic, love the textured background. Thanks for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream Tag It On.
    Also your hanging heart looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag, Love the colours & great texture... Thank you for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great textured background! Thanks for playing at Dragons Dream TIO Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag and a great use of biscuits! Thanks for sharing with us at Dragons Dream TIO. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...