Saturday, June 11, 2011

Garden Journal

Just a very quick post before heading off on my holliers to show you my 3rd DT make for the By the Cute and Girly "In the Garden" challenge this month.
I have covered a brown kraft notebook with fabric, stamped the images on calico, decorated the pencil to match and added some embellies.  The "garden journal" lettering is a bit of freehand embroidery and the calico patches are machine sewn on to the notebook.  Strange to say this is the first time I have used my sewing machine on paper-its usually occupied with fabric.  The bookmark is a length of ric rac trimming with a bead sitting on top of the knot.  Crochet flowers and bee are my own.
If you would like to enter the "In the Garden" challenge with your crafty make details are HERE.   Lots of prizes and Guest DT spots to be won.
Bye for now!
Geraldine x

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is so gorgeous, I just love the detail, it's fab. Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh so pretty , what a great idea
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...